Tuesday 23 May 2017

JAB  HOSH  SAMBHAALA-2 (DREAM  REALISED) 
============================================

          My Dad was a Sargent  technician of Super connie aircraft  in 6 sqn Poona in mid 60s, where I started my initial primary schooling...we stayed in 10-20 area and then Viman Nagar...Our school bus used to take us across the runway, which used to close for canberra & vampires taking off in the morning...we really used to enjoy from our bus windows, the fighters taking off....in the evenings we used to venture into the abandoned liberator aircraft and sit in the cockpit and act out pilot/ copilot, do dummy flying, ...childhood was fun.....the 6 sqn 'Pagal Gim khana' anniv used to be fun and we were allowed to go into the connie earmarked for the visit from the rear , walk up the aisle and exit the front door...the cockpit cordoned off by ropes...when I and my younger brother walked up and reached the cockpit, I asked the Warrant officer  guide, for sitting in the pilot’s seat ...he politely refused...this was in 1966, me 8 yrs then...irony of fate ,...fast fwd 15 yrs later 1981, I was transferred from 550 Cochin to 312 Sqn to fly the connies at INS Hansa,Goa as an AgSlt along with Gopa Kumar...My Dad must have been in seventh heaven, on hearing that I was to fly the same aircraft that he served in.

                                                                             
Life has been great to some people like me, who can proudly say, ‘Zindagi mein jo hamne hai khoya, woh hai hamara bachpan hamari nadani, aur jo paya woh hai mere Rab ki meharbani’. 

PS- I dedicate this article to my Dad, Late Hon Fg.Offr  BR Dutta,...Miss you Dad...May your humble Soul remain blessed always and shower your blessings on us…




MY   DAD



SUPER CONNIE

10 comments:

  1. Raj,keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JD, for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful recall Raj. Life has its own twist and turn and no one knows what it is going to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. The One of the Most Alongwith Late Kasturi .L.Dutta ( Tayaji )..Respecteful And Beloved Late Hon Flg Off Balram .R .Dutta ( Chachaji ) for his Dedication And Devotion during his Service as officer in Indian Air Force as well as dedicated Responsibilty as Great Son ,Brother ,Father towards Family and Relatives, as well as towards Friends and Society , 🌹🙏Regards From Nephew Rajan Dutta S/OLate Hon Subedar ( Indian Army Officer )Kailash Chander Dutta - New Delhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 👌👌🌹💕

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rajan Bhai, my regards to you, Mitthu bhaiyya and Rashmi Didi.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this wonderful article Raj 🙏! You have brought your Dad to life for us! As sons to IAF officers I can relate to everything you wrote like its me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your humbling comment, dear. What's your name please and which stations were you posted in.

    ReplyDelete