Monday 28 May 2018


KRISHA- RAJ
Year – 1972, Place –  Jamnagar

        My Dad was relocated from Tambaram to AF Jam, where I continued my IX std. I was a shy Dumbo those days, who took time to make friends. Well, there was this small little boy,Krishna popularly called KK, shortest in our class, but God had compensated him with superior cerebrum. He was a shade better in studies. We became friends and our bonding grew. We were living in close vicinity in the accommodation quarters, 300 yds from the KV. Most of our interaction used to center around our science syllabi. Evening walks inside the base, on roads rarely tread, were testimony of our walks, as the graffiti on the roads in chalk, displayed complex chemical equations, aka the reaction of Gold with Aqua-regia.

            Although I had scored better in Bio compared to Maths, I opted for Maths in X, purely due to my hate for frog dissection. Krishna and the beauties of our class allied into Biology. Once our Maths master was away and we rowdies obtained Bio Ma’am’s permission to observe the dissection by our contemporaries. I stood next to KK, and the fingeritis that Iam endowed with, I pulled out a few pins and out popped the half dead frog from the tray. ‘Shattack’ was heard by the entire class, as KK’s right palm landed on my left cheek. You could have heard a pin drop for about 30 secs….I did not  react, even as classmates wanted me to retaliate…. We did not speak for two days, reflecting on our individual follies…the third day, as we stepped out of our homes for the School, we uttered ‘Sorry’ in unision. The entire class was stunned at our making up. Our friendship intensified, until his Dad’s transfer to AF Delhi. We kept in touch through post cards. He joined IIT Delhi post XI-th boards, an irony indeed for a boy of Bio mains, cracking the IIT, while I proceeded to Baroda for my BSc, before joining the Indian Navy. During my training days I lost touch with him.  

       Fifteen years ago, through another contact I relocated him living in Hauz Khas. I happened to proceed to NHQ from Kolkata for an official meeting. I called him up from Varuna Naval offrs’ Mess and invited him on a Sunday afternoon. As he drove inside the gate and parked his car, I was flabbergasted to see a huge 6’2” frame emerging out….The shortest boy of our class had outgrown all of us….We  rediscovered  each others elapsed life years over Beer and Biryani Lunch….He invited me next day to his palatial Hauz Khas home, where he had invited a few of his professional colleagues too. KK after his IIT excelled in MBA from Bangalore before joining a renowned software company, lat he didn’t relish, so he went for his own start-up.  It was a pleasure to meet  his wife and kids…Now, Kishna and his family had been melodious singers since the good ol’ days….So a Karoke session was in order that went past midnight, with everyone chipping in, until all of us were high…Next  morning he dropped me off to the Airport,. We departed with a bear hug, after having drowned ourselves in Beer the previous evening.

Present Status of Krishna- CEO, Vidyatech Software company, Bellevue, Washington

A Few friendship quips that have some relevance here.

 Nabz meri dekhi aur beemar likh diya
rog mera usne 'dosto ka pyar' likh diya
karzdaar rahenge hum to us hakeem ke
jisne dawa me 'dosto ka sath' likh diya...!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Koun kisi se chah kar dur hota hai,
har koi apne halato se majbur hota hai,
hum to bas itna jante hai ,
har rishta MOTI aur har dost KOHINOOR hota hai..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dosti .......
Na kabhi imtihan leti hai,
Na kabhi imtihan deti hai,
Dosti ...... to wo hai jo,
barish me bhigte chehre pe bhi,
Aansuo ko pehchan leti hai .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Har karz dosti ka ada kaun karega,
jub hum hi na rahe toh dosti kaun karega,
Aye khuda, mere yaron ko rakhna salaamat,
varna mere jeene ki dua, kaun karega!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
koi aarzo hamari adhuri nahi hoti,
doston me kabhi doori nhi hoti
jinke dil me rhte ho Dost aap jaise,
unhe dhadkan ki bhi jaroorat nahi hoti.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Zindagi dosto me mila karti hai...
Aur ye dost bhi ajeeb hote hai...
Dene pe aaye to jaan dede, Lene pe aaye to hasi tak chhin le... Kehne pe aaye to dil ke tamam raaz tak keh de, Chhupane pe aaye toh yeh tak na bataye k khafa kyu hai...
Naraaz hone pe aaye to sans tak na lene de, Manane pe aaye to apni sanso ko vaar de...
Dosto, dost zindgi me nahi mila karte, balki zindagi "dosto" me mila karti hai...
--------------------------------------------------------------


Krishna Bhardwaj, Lets enjoy your Karoke song that you crooned so well flawlessly.


  https://www.facebook.com/bhardwajkk/videos/3908282182655

No comments:

Post a Comment